welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Friday, August 24, 2007

no really, it was the best i could do


being that it's been weeks since i called my douchebag landlord to fix my sink, i've decided that if she can't be bothered to call me back, i can't be bothered to care. it's been a couple of days since i emptied the bucket that's catching the leaking water from my kitchen sink and i expect it could be to the point of overflowing. good, let the neighbours call the condo's board of directors again. there's nothing that i can do about the sweaty ass crack that is my landlord. i suppose in theory i could fix the sink myself, but i'd much prefer to be an asshole here.

today i have my performance review at job number one. it will be the first time in ... shit, i don't even know how long... that i've had a performance review. and being that i report directly to the CEO of my company, i have absolutely no knowledge of his expectations of me. if it wasn't for the fact that my job is so easy to do and i KNOW that i do it well, i might almost be worried.

as easy as job number one is, it's been oddly busy for the last couple of weeks. i've noticed that my goal of doing nothing and getting paid for it seems to be in the "not happening" stages - everybody wants a piece of me lately. just can't get enough mundane reports i suppose.

at my home, i've been taking some baby steps in switching my home computer from running Windows XP to running Ubuntu Linux as my home operating system. a friend of mine told me that i should create a blog to tell the world about my story, so i am going to do that. just not here in the land of welfare. i'll post some links for anyone who considers themselves dorky.. er.. curious enough about it. so far, things are moving along pretty well.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 25, 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Bren Kirk said…

    Where in hell is your Amazon wish list? Or like, something. Birthday boy.

     
  • At Sun Aug 26, 11:07:00 PM, Blogger X said…

    I've got a couple of things in the "not happening" stages, too...I'm still trying to figure out where I took the wrong turn. I think it was at the Shell station.

    Thx for stopping bby my blog! ;)

     
  • At Tue Aug 28, 09:55:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    Two thumbs up for not doing anything about the sink. Sometimes the shit has to hit the fan before people (ie douchebag landlords) do anything. And she's the one who'll get in shit, not you, so keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home