welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

is it the beginning or end of an era?


this morning on my way to work (and yes, i am at work at six in the morning - i'm pretty retarded eh?) i heard a song i had not heard for many years. the classic rock station in my area, who dubs themselves "the Mighty Q", decided to play Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me.

now first of all, my disclaimer: i am not, nor have i ever been a fan of def leppard. well, okay, maybe for a while when i was about 7 - but that was it. honest.

but my point is that the music from my childhood years and into my early teens is starting to make its way onto the Classic Rock stations. what's going to be next eh? Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Faith No More? i'm afraid that one of these days i'm going to tune into the Mighty Q and it's going to be playing all of the music that i'm listening to rather than just rotating between Rush and the Tragically Hip.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Jan 02, 09:19:00 AM, Blogger Tee said…

    then one day as you climb into your car you'll mumble something like you've heard your parents say - maybe "jeez, do they call that music! who wrote that shee-ite.....I could do better with a crayon crammed up my butt" .... I knew I was old when I said (out loud) "what the H E double hockey sticks does The Rolling Stones know about Harlem.....or were they just trying to cover up their shuffle to pick up the OAS cheque." That's a problem......

     
  • At Wed Jan 03, 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    That song has definitely undergone a revival. I've been hearing it more and more since the summer. I never was a fan myself, but since every other kid I went to school with was, I heard many a song such as PSSOM.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home