welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

who is this imposter Oscar, and why is he not making bologna?


i've never really been one to watch and/or enjoy the acadamy awards. it seems to me that for the longest time it was Billy Crystal or Whoopi Goldberg hosting, and i've never really found either one of them that funny. i mean, each of them have had their moments: Billy Crystal was decent in City Slickers, and it was really funny when Whoopi Goldberg ... um ... i'm sorry, i just can't seem to finish that sentence. nothing seems to really flow after that.

Buddy Cole (aka Scott Thompson) has some great things to say about the oscars though - point number 7 made me laugh out loud.

i suppose though i've never been one to spend a lot of effort watching movies that would be considered for the big awards. my dvd shelves at home are stocked full of cheesy horror films, cartoons and plenty of inappropriate humour. cuz that's what makes the world go round eh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Feb 28, 07:28:00 AM, Blogger Tee said…

    Ya, that is what makes to world go 'round.... inappropriate humour - the toilety goodness kind.... Neither Billy nor Whoopi make me laugh - maybe it's the "y" and "i" name endings...... Grow up and get real names. When I speak to someone who's 85 years old and their name is Billy or Dinky.... I can't help but think that something happened when they were ten years old....and the event was so gosh-darn cute (like sticking their finger in an electrical socket or getting their head caught in a can of corn syrup) that they never got passed it.....

     
  • At Thu Mar 01, 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    I find it impossible to sit through any award show, regardless of the host. Although when Letterman hosted, I made an effort.

    If Billy Crystal was crack, I'd flush him and frame Whoopi for the whole illicit possession thing. Those two make me cringe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home