welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Monday, July 24, 2006

almost ... too quiet


today's one of those quiet type days at the office. it seems as though nobody in the office has spoken in hours, and i think i was the last person to say anything. many of the normal early-risers are either on vacation this week or coming in late. that at least makes it easier for me to slack.

i've got a new computer thingy for my bike now. it will tell me how fast i'm going, how far i've gone, average speed, time, calories burned, temperature - pretty much everything except how much i owe on my taxes (well, i've got the government to tell me that, so i guess my bike computer doesn't need to tell me that).

also if you're wondering, never trust someone else with getting your coffee request right. when someone is going to pick up several coffees at once and you say "large with milk," be certain it will come back double-double. and if you're anything like me, you'll choke it back just to be polite - even though in theory you could just dump it out and fill your cup with non-sugar-filled office coffee and just pretend you're drinking the one they brought back for you. i can understand the idea of having a sugary coffee if it has been flavoured with something else - chocolate, mint, vanilla, something like that - but putting sugar in a normal coffee flavoured coffee is just plain wrong.

but, as i said, i'll drink it anyways. because i suck.



Sponsor me for the Terry Fox Run and help me reach my goal of $1000 for cancer research!

4 Comments:

  • At Mon Jul 24, 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said…

    I cut the sugar from my coffee routine when I was in college (partly because a roommate convinced me to, partly because I was poor...), and then milk shortly after that. The only time I like flavor in my coffee is when I add Bailey's (and even that's not very often).

     
  • At Mon Jul 24, 02:26:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    Instead of drinking the coffee, you could pull an Andy Kaufman and toss it into your enemy's face.

     
  • At Wed Jul 26, 07:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have the fortune to live in a family that takes their coffee all the same: black with a bit of sugar. However, no one else in the world gets it right. I only want enough sugar to cut out the bitter, but I don't want it sweet.

    I love how coffee spawned so many comments for you.

     
  • At Thu Jul 27, 07:48:00 AM, Blogger mmat said…

    coffee is the universal symbol of the average working person. and it tastes good and keeps me awake. sometimes i worry about how much i write about coffee but i've also noticed that generally it generates the most comments for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home