welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

i want my new phone dammit!


two weeks ago i ordered a new cell phone. my old P.O.S. (and i don't mean point of sale) phone has been teetering on the edge of failure for a couple of months now, so i put my call into fido and ordered a replacement. i was assured my phone would arrive in about 5 business days.

sooOOooo 5 business days later (last monday) i called up fido and said "yo, the phone ain't here yet" ('cept in more gooder words). apparantly, despite the fact that i ordered my phone - they had not. so a new order was placed and a new assurance that the new phone would arrive in about 5 business days.

yesterday wasn't exactly a business day in canada, but i called them again just to make sure. they stated that it was in fact not a business day by their standards so my phone would arrive tomorrow (which is today). today's call yielded the fact that not only had my phone not arrived (which it had not), but also that again it had NOT BEEN ORDERED. today a new order was put in with a note to send it express and that *in theory* it should be in my hands within 2-3 more business days.

needless to say an angry mmat is getting a free week of service (since my old cell phone did in fact die on sunday) and some more credit to be discussed at a later point in time. i think i'm going to argue with them until they refund me the full cost of the phone. in a way i'm kind of hoping that the phone won't get shipped again and i'll angrily argue with them until they send me the higher end model of phone because i feel like being a prick.


Sponsor me for the Terry Fox Run and help me reach my goal of $1000 for cancer research!

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 09, 02:52:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Don't feel like you're being a prick. Those clowns at Fido do not know how to run a business. I had a terrible time with them a couple of years ago, and they forced me to be a prick. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Check it out if you want.

     
  • At Wed Aug 09, 06:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Give them shit. Cellphones should be considered an essential service.

     
  • At Wed Aug 09, 11:59:00 PM, Blogger pirategirl said…

    Do you get to keep your number or do I need to get a new one from you so I can continue to send you nake- I mean silly text messages?

     
  • At Thu Aug 10, 07:40:00 AM, Blogger mmat said…

    don't worry, all nake- errr.. text messages can be sent to the same number. as it stands though, if you send me anything this week i likely won't get it cuz my old phone is busted-ass and the new one still isn't here yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home