welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Monday, September 25, 2006

you've got my pen!


there's something entirely doubleplusungood about waking up at 5 o'clock in the morning.  the human body wasn't meant to be awake during hours of the day.  the woman who served up my coffee this morning reminded me that i was in fact lucky to not have to have been at work at 5 am instead of just awake.  i agree with that philosophy to a certain extent, but it doesn't make me enjoy being awake before the sun rises.  even the dog didn't want to get out of bed.  he had himself a little tantrum when i tried to wake him up and attempted to dig himself further under the blankets to hide.

speaking of which, where the hell is my pen?  it seems to me that at least once or twice a week someone ganks the pen off my desk, leaving me to hunt through the supply cabinet (usually in vain) for a replacement, only to find two days later that i will now have three pens on my desk.  i always find the pregnant ones i guess, which is good i s'pose because the survival rate of a baby pen on my desk is only a couple of days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 25, 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said…

    Dude... I'm trying to feel sympathetic here, but I get up at 5 everyday, get my 7-year old daughter up at 5:30, and the 2 of us are out the door by 6:10, so...

    ;)

     
  • At Mon Sep 25, 09:33:00 PM, Blogger Vengelyne said…

    I can't even wake up at 6 am anymore what more 5 am? :|

    What's a pregnant pen? How can you tell?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home