welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Monday, October 02, 2006

better than young spice?


so today, being toward the end of the sunny and "warm" part of the year, i decided that it would be perfect to ride my bike into the office.  my estimates on Google Maps showed that my predicted route would end up being a shade over 30 km (about 18 miles).

my previous experiences in estimating distances should have indicated that a "trial run" on an off day would have been a good idea.  thirty kilometers very easily turned into almost 40 - which may not seem like much, but it turns a 90 minute bike ride into 2 full hours.  good thing i left early.

the good news is that i was prepared.  i had lots of water, a good healthy lunch with lots of snacks, a change of clothes for when i got to work and deodorant.

now i smell like old spice.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Oct 02, 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said…

    I just don;t think I could do it. If I had to bike 30km to work, I'd need a shower, not just a change of clothes and deodorant.

    It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George goes back to work after playing basketball, but his shower "didn't take" and he ended up sweating bullets while the boss was talking about someone stealing office supplies.

     
  • At Tue Oct 03, 10:29:00 PM, Blogger pirategirl said…

    I used to wear old spice (the green scented one, whichever that is... fresh?) until I finally succumbed to the pressure of people asking me why I didn't wear girl's deodorant if I am, in fact, a girl. I think I might go back to the ol' spice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home