welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Monday, October 23, 2006

only thing i gotta invest in is getting paid


since i know everyone's been DYING to know i figured i'd answer the question you've been impatiently waiting to ask me:

has PayPerPost actually paid off for me?

the answer is yes it has.

i will definitely not be a rich man from what i have been paid, but i've been quite choosy so far in the opportunities i've selected. hopefully i've been able to seamlessly integrate the PayPerPost posts with the rest of my updates without anyone saying "damn, mmat, you are one complete sell-out douche bag."

so far i've made in the twenties of dollars, and stand to make in the twenties more in a short period of time. but considering all i had to do to make that money was something i probably would have done anyways that ain't too bad. it's certainly paid off more than the other advertisements that eat up valuable space on this site. maybe i'll get rid of them.

originally i think i heard about this from the Golf Widow, but then started to notice other bloggers posting bits and pieces related to PayPerPost

i figure i'm gonna sit on the wealth for a bit, let the pennies of interest accumulate. maybe i'll use it to buy my own domain, or maybe a badass Kangol.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 24, 09:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, funny you should write this. I was about to write about Samuel L Jackson today. I dreamt I had breakfast with him. Coooooool.

     
  • At Tue Oct 24, 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Martini said…

    That's sweet. I haven't noticed what you've been forcing down my throat. The Google adsense code wasn't working on my site (had to install new code every single day for it to work) so I took it down. Plus, in a year it earned me less than $10.

     
  • At Tue Oct 24, 12:24:00 PM, Blogger mmat said…

    after over a year on the "other program" (i'm not allowed to mention them by name or they get pissy), i've managed about $50 or so. unfortunately that's not enough for them to cut me a cheque, so i'm gonna try to hold out until i get a payment from them, then i'll strip that crap off.

     
  • At Tue Oct 24, 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Mighty Michele said…

    Sometimes, on very rare occasions, I am so thankful for that "next blog" button. Today, not so much - lol - you amused me, so I read on. Then felt I had to comment re: PPP. I too joined thinking I'd be selective and make a little dough, simultaneously, but the offered ads have made it more difficult than it first appeared. So I'm pulling way back on my PPP posts. As for the "other program", do you think they'll be upset by a post I entitled "Okay, Adsense Can Blow Me"?

     
  • At Wed Oct 25, 01:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    damn, mmat, you are one complete sell-out douche bag

     

Post a Comment

<< Home