welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Friday, April 18, 2008

had it up to HERE with Bell Canada


so how long ago was it that i moved, like 5 months ago? i've been noticing for the last while that i haven't been getting any phone bills. that's typical for the first month or two after a move, but much longer than that and you know you've got a problem. luckily for me, i proactively pay the same amount every month just to make sure because this isn't the first time i've had problems with one of the Bell group of companies.

so i check online, log into their website and notice that even though they moved my service, they were still sending my bills to my old address.

"what the fuck?!?" i says to myself out loud, although hopefully not loud enough for the rest of the office to hear.

so i call them up, remind them that when they moved my service they should have bloody well moved my billing address and that i'm sick and tired of them screwing things up for me. i was also good enough to mention to them about how they messed up my internet service when i moved AND how they fucked me around with my cell phone service a couple of years ago.

with an angry customer on the line, one who has continuously been disappointed in the service but has remained loyal to the company - i would have thought they'd offer me some sort of discount or free option.

no

i get the upsell treatment: "Can I interest you in this package that offers two more calling services?"

"No," i replies, "i'm sure you can tell from the usage on my account that i very rarely even bother using my home phone. the only reason i have it is for reliable 911 service and i don't want you to screw THAT up too."

up yours Bell Canada. turn up the good, turn down the suck.


what?!? you haven't sponsored me for the ride for heart yet? well then click below and make sure you do that already...

Visit my sponsorship page to see my progress!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Apr 23, 03:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG. The upsell would've made me furious!

     
  • At Fri Apr 25, 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Martini said…

    Oh dude, I totally hear you on that. When we moved the 1st time, we had to give Bell Canada our new addy. They said we'd have service that day around noon. We moved in and waited for 3 days, and they still didn't have us set up.

    Finally I ran down the street to a PAY PHONE and called Bell. They said they didn't set us up because they called the ph# at the address we supposedly gave them, to give us our new # and tell us everything was done. But the family that answered that call said, "what are you talking about? We didn't move!"

    As a result Bell cancelled the setup, thinking it was a hoax. Problem was, THEY called the WRONG goddamn house in the first place and got some random family!

    I'm not convinced that is the truth, but that's their story and they're sticking to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home