welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Monday, March 17, 2008

an opportunity to be a conqueror


i'm considering taking part in the Ride to Conquer Cancer. it's a 200 km bike ride split across two days from downtown Toronto to Niagara Falls. the sponsorship requirements are a little high - you need to raise $2500 to take part - but i think i have enough time to do it if i hit up people at both jobs.

my question to the bicycle riding internet: is there anyone out there who would be willing to join me if i were to create a team? i don't plan on riding overly fast. in fact, i'm just out of shape enough that i will probably be towards the end of the pack. what i'm looking for essentially is to get a couple of days on my bike and to raise money for a good cause.

if you or somone you know is interested in raising a ton of money and riding your (or their) bike for two days, let me know either via comment or email me at untastic@gmail.com.

the basics of the ride: 100 km each day, the first night will be spent camping in Hamilton. there are pit stops every 25-30 kms with snacks and drinks. when you reach Niagara Falls, if you don't have someone to pick you up, you have the option of taking the train back - more info here. there's an option for the faster riders (which i am not) to do an extra 50 km after the first day's riding with Canadian professional cyclist Steve Bauer.

so like i said, let me know if you want to join a team with me. should be loads of fun eh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Mar 17, 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    cool! I was considering doing that ride this year too, but I think it's during at least one workday (A Friday?), plus there's no way I could raise that much green. I don't have enough friends! So I'm sticking with the Ride For Heart instead.

     
  • At Tue Mar 18, 09:28:00 AM, Blogger mmat said…

    i'm still not 100% sure about whether or not i can raise the cash. that's gonna be a tough one.

    i'm definitely doing the Ride for Heart this year. i wanted to go last year but had to be out of town that weekend, but i'm really looking forward to riding on the gardiner and DVP. that's going to be awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home