welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Friday, October 06, 2006

yes, in fact i HAVE had enough with the traffic


there's something about near 2 hr drives to work that make me want to start shooting people.  and that something is that these 2 hour commutes lick clown-hole.  oh yeah, it's the fact that if i had gotten out of bed on time this morning i would have been able to bike the distance.  actually, now that i think about it, i wouldn't have needed to get up any earlier - two hours is two hours.

i watched Doom last night.  what this movie lacks in acting talent and script it more than makes up with violence and sillyness.  there definitely is no chance of any of the actors involved with this movie winning an academy award (come on The Rock, prove me wrong), but if you have ever played the video game you will definitely appreciate the climax point of the movie which remains very true to it.  go ahead and watch it, but put all ideas and thought away and just enjoy some good violence.  come on, it's a video-game based movie.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Oct 06, 03:06:00 PM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said…

    I'm ashamed to admit that, way back in the 90's, I bought the Doom novels...

     
  • At Fri Oct 06, 03:07:00 PM, Blogger mmat said…

    well, i can share that shame to a certain extent. i never bought any of the novels, but have read 2 of them. one was called "Knee Deep in the Dead" i think, but i can't remember the other one.

     
  • At Fri Oct 06, 06:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can remember the date and time I got the BFG 9000 the first time. Don't ask. I'm ooollldddddd.

    Funny thing is, I was planning to watch the film. Synchronicity. Sing it with me (or not).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home