welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Monday, November 13, 2006

geek-tard invades


so i'm debating as to whether i should experiment with a windows to linux switch on some of my home computers. i ran some tests using Ubuntu on my laptop with somewhat favourable results, except that the wireless network card did not work. rumour has it that this may be fixed in the next release and there are workarounds, but we'll have to see. i'm also considering experimenting a dual-boot with Windows XP and some linux distribution (probably Ubuntu) on my desktop to see if i can keep rocking the massive music collection with a minimum of administrative effort. the dual boot would allow me to keep all the important info i already have, but still experiment with the dork-shit and (hopefully) not screw anything important up.

and how bad does it suck that the dishwasher in my new place isn't working properly? in theory, i could just wash all the dishes by hand but that would just be lame. i pay for a place with a dishwasher, so the bloody thing should work. now i have to phone my douche-bag landlord again to get this fixed. i called her on sunday but she still hasn't returned my calls. i'll give her another half hour before i start escalating to her boss. maybe if i don't wait and just escalate it will help in the effort to get her bitch-ass fired. we'll see.

and if you haven't yet, go see Borat. it is quite offensively funny and that's quite rare anymore. many people and movies don't have the guts to do that kind of funny. i'll do my best not to ruin anything for you other than to say that the fight scene is ... ummm ... jaw-dropping and brilliant. definitely worth seeing in the theatre. i didn't even mind too much that the place was packed, and usually that's a pretty good deterrent for me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 14, 08:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just saw Borat last night (Monday) and cried at the fight scene. What a treat. I can honestly say that I'll likely never have another chance to see a fight like that ever in my life... filmicly or otherwise.

     
  • At Tue Nov 14, 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    If I run across your landlord, I'll slap her face for you.

    I want to go see Borat, but I'm conflicted by the news reports that others in the movie were lied to when they were given their contract to sign. All the 'extras' were apparently told it was for a documentary to be showed overseas. They signed contracts under false pretenses, and that bothers me, even if the film is completely brilliant.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home