welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

overly so



i made a startling realization last night of how dependent on technology i have become and how quickly it happened.

last night when i hit the button on my keyless entry thing (which is ironically on the key) for my Toyota Yaris i noticed something very very odd.

the doors did not unlock.

i pressed the button again. and again. and again. each time i noticed that the "click" of the doors unlocking was not happening.

i stood there puzzled for a moment trying to figure out what to do next. i had my cell phone in my hand and actually debated for a moment calling the Toyota dealership to ask them to fix it for me.

then it occurred to me - if i put the key into the lock, and TURN it, something might happen. miraculously this resolved my temporary dilemma of being outside of the car and needing to get into it but what do i do in the long run?

my first guess after much long and difficult thought was that i should perhaps try changing the battery in my key for keyless entry. stupid technology.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Apr 03, 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Martini said…

    Keys are totally cool, but will soon be forgotten. Have you tried the Nissans or the Volkswagens that can SENSE the key in your pocket, then automatically unlock when you pull the handle? Wild. Even houses can have keyless entry systems.

     
  • At Wed Apr 04, 06:21:00 PM, Blogger Tee said…

    Doh!

     
  • At Thu Apr 05, 04:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't feel too badly... D's car sometimes doesn't unlock and he uses the key! crazy random electrical thing...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home