welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

commuting: how do i love thee, let me count the ways


traffic was nonsense this morning. there was some sort of armed robbery that resulted in a high-speed police chase along highway 401 this morning which resulted in the west-bound lanes being shut down for several hours as the police searched for evidence.

why then must the people in the east bound lanes slow down to look? the chase ended hours ago, so all you'll see if you slow down to look is police cars and the occasional officer out of the car?

this turns my 45 minute 6am commute into an hour and fifteen minute commute.

and how was it that when i asked for my coffee this morning - the same coffee i ask for all the time, quite clearly: large coffee with milk - that i get a double-double? i generally hate sugar in my coffee unless the coffee has some sort of chocolaty flavour added to it as well and the milk-fat content in cream makes me sick. the good news is that i caught it before i left the counter.

the guy put the coffee in front of me and says "large double-double."

to which i replied "sorry buddy, i said large with milk."

"no, you said double-double"

at first i think to myself ... i suppose nobody has ever told you that the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. not to mention the fact that i KNOW double-double will make me sick ...

"dude, i WOULD NEVER order a double-double. i need a large coffee with milk."

not a difficult concept right?

he insisted again, then i insisted once more urging that he should just make my god damn coffee and stop arguing with me because i'm sure that someone in this universe would be in the Tim Horton's in the next 2 minutes to buy that fucking coffee he so wrongly made.

a brief blank stare and some words in another language to his coworker (which i'm sure translated into something like "stupid fucking asshole" or whatever) and i got my coffee. i made sure to watch him make it so he didn't try to hork in it or something.

all of that over a coffee worth $1.45

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 22, 11:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i followed the "hork" link and it said vomit. curious. not how i use "hork" at all. i hate when the coffee dudes do that. i get that once and a while too. i wouldn't dream of ordering double-double if you paid me. sugar in coffee? ewwwwwww.

     
  • At Thu Nov 23, 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    Customer service everywhere seems to be getting worse by the day. Hopefully Tim Horton's stops hiring arrogant jackasses who refuse to admit they made a mistake, and automate the whole place. I don't drink coffee, but I would if a robot served it to me. Mmmm, Robo-coffee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home