welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

sometimes i rhyme slow


two weeks ago today was the last time i posted something here. i knew that i've been busy, but wasn't entirely aware that my goofing-off-interneting time had been so seriously impacted.

in that time the weather finally warmed up and i've spent a ridiculous amount of time working. the only cool thing about working so much is that my two-year debt reduction plan is actually making a visible impact on the amount of money i have to pay out in bills every month.

hopefully this week i'm going to be bringing my bike out of seasonal retirement. i've kept a winter layer of padding around my belly that i'd like to get rid of. i'm quite anxious to hop on to my Trek 7.3 FX (Martini was asking what kind i had) and get out riding, though i know i'm going to have to take it easy at first because i've gotten myself out of shape this winter.

i'm gonna do some of the upgrades that i mentioned earlier - put some good grips and bar-ends on it, and maybe those pedals that clip onto the bottom of your shoes (which would mean that i've got to buy shoes too darn it). it's been a pretty good bike so far. i abuse it like a mountain bike, but it rides pretty quickly. it's no race bike, but it gets the job done well at a good price. certainly something i'd recommend to someone who was thinking of taking their bicycle as an option to commute to work.

i'm debating doing another long trip this year like i did last year, but giving myself an extra day or two to do it so i don't kill myself riding 300 km on the hottest days of the summer (again).

this morning i went to the effort of making a pot of coffee and even putting it in my travel mug. that travel mug is still sitting on my kitchen counter, so now i have to drink crummy work coffee. the pope would be very angry.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Apr 24, 08:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's been so long, i think i forgot how to ride a bike. me so jealous.

     
  • At Tue Apr 24, 03:21:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    Radical. And you've got that neat computer too, eh?

    I am bikeless right now. I dropped it off for a lube job.

     
  • At Tue Apr 24, 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Tee said…

    We're going on a bike trip in three weeks!!!!! Woo Hoo....I'm so burnt out that I need a break just to go to sleep...... Maybe we should be WeeTee a baby seat for her bike.....maybe she needs a baby-friendly kinda bike..... love ya
    momtee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home