welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

smells like burning


all day long there have been mechanical type dudes in the office doing repair work of some sort.  i think they're replacing a boiler or something, but i'm not sure because i don't really care that much.  the problem with this is that it smells like burning electrical stuff now - you know that smell, like when the power supply in your computer blows up and starts blowing smoke out of the back of the PC tower.

i read somewhere that the movie industry will be presenting us with a feature-film version of The A Team .  somehow, that just doesn't seem right to me.  the plot line will supposedly bring it into modern times, rather than be set in the 80s, but i just can't see anyone being able to cast the role of B.A. Baracus that was so brilliantly portrayed by the (should be) oscar winning Mr. T.

i had a look at the idea of PayPerPost blogging - a website that will pay you to write aboot junk that they ask you to write aboot.  i know that on the most part blogging is essentially just whoring out your opinion about what you think is good or bad, sweet or donkey nuts, but is it right to subject your loyal reader(s) to a blatant advertisement for something?  sure, it would be great to know that i was going to get paid for talking aboot the A Team or my favourite breakfast cereal ( Kashi Go Lean all the way yo), but is it morally right to be writing about it here knowing that the only reason i would be writing about that service/product would be that i'm getting paid for it?

but then again, the only reason i go to work is that i'm getting paid to do it...

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Sep 06, 05:56:00 PM, Blogger Martini said…

    Greatest Simpsons Line Ever: Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers!

    Okay, maybe not the greatest, but Ralph has had the most memorable lines on that show.

    On a more related note: I would accept payment, and write about what I was told to write about if a) I could totally trash the subject I was given, if I felt it was a garbage product; b) I could turn down a topic if I wanted to, and c) I didn't have to write about their topics on a regular basis. Just when I kind of felt like it.

     
  • At Tue Sep 12, 06:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd want to get paid a hell of a lot more than what they're offering to whore myself out like that. I'm not saying I won't whore, I just want to be a high-end whore.

    I wonder though, could it be that you're already working for them? Cleverly advertising their site whilst appearing not to. It made me look. How cunning...

     
  • At Tue Sep 12, 11:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Lean rocks! I finally got my sweetie eating it too. He was into the Red River until I showed him that there is another Skywalker. Dammit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home