welfare bum

Successfully missing the point since 1977.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

the great shoe hunt part two


so who'd a thunk that the shoe hunt would have ended as quickly as it did? I'd have to say that it's been many years since i've been able to decide within two days to buy a pair of shoes. has it even ever happened? or was the last time something similar to that occurred when my ma bought shoes for me last.

i managed to score a pair of Nike shoes and a pair of Vans. both are skate-board style shoes and oddly both are size 13's. i was certain that i was going to need 14's this time around, but i lucked out.

on a somewhat less awesome note, my Motorola V3 RAZR phone battery seems to be sucking donkey more and more every day. I charged the battery first thing monday morning, and between monday morning and yesterday afternoon had logged exactly 1 minute and 1 second of call time, requiring me to charge it yesterday afternoon. i noticed this morning that after 9 more minutes of call time between yesterday's charge and noticed the battery is currently at 2/3 capacity. this is pretty much the deciding factor in that i will never again buy another Motorola product. now i'm pretty much trying to decide if i'm going to get a different phone directly from Fido or if i should just get an unlocked phone from Ebay. the Nokia 5300 seems pretty cool.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Tue May 01, 02:18:00 PM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said…

    Dude... I've got the same phone and had the same problem. In my case, it wasn't the phone that was the problem, it was the carrying case. The Razr has those "conveniently" located buttons on the side that tend to get pressed (squeezed) by the sides of the first case I bought. Basically, the thing never went to sleep and the screen was on 24/7. I switched to a case that can't press the buttons, and my battery life is as good as can be expected from electronics these days.

    Maybe give it a try.

     
  • At Tue May 01, 02:24:00 PM, Blogger mmat said…

    i wish that were the case for mine. i've given up completely on the case and essentially leave it either on my desk while i'm working, or in the cup holder while i'm driving. the closest to the advertised 7 hrs of talk time i've managed to get is 4 (on one call) and the closest to the advertised standby time was 3 days (when it did not leave my desk for the whole weekend).

    at least it fits in my pocket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home